Wednesday 9 June 2010

Advertisements

At the top of his page are some adverts for Amazon. They are supposed to be relevant to what I write, but something isn't working.
If you click on one of them I receive a minuscule amount of money, so it would be better if they were more targeted.
The 2010 World Cup is going to start in South Africa in a few days, which probably explains why one of the ads is for a football video game.
I have absolutely no interest in football. At least not in the so-called game where young louts are paid stupid amounts of money to appear on a patch of Astroturf. I will happily watch a match if I know at least one of the players personally.
Football is not the most popular sport, despite all the media hype it attracts. It is the easiest sport to watch and therefore the most difficult to avoid watching, as it consumes many hours of the TV schedule.
TV is the reason why football is crap. They pump stupid amounts of money into the industry, even when the matches are boring nil-nil draws. Personally I would pay teams a bonus for good behavior and sportsmanship and fine them huge amounts for bad behavior on, or off, the pitch.
I've heard people justify the excessive amounts of money paid to sports people, because they can only work for a few years. That's illogical, because other people can only work for a few years, but they don't receive million pound salaries. I was told by a recruitment agent 20 years ago, that he wouldn't waste his time trying to find me employment in one of Scotland's big banks. He said that they never consider anyone over the age of 35, so why wasn't I paid millions, if my career was brutally terminated at 35 years of age like thousands of other IT staff?

No comments: